Re: Welcome VK3AMA Laurie

  • vk3ama
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2007
      Hi Don,

      Always a bit difficult here in VK for contacts on anything but 20M.
      That may change when the 3el SteppIR with 30/40 addon arrives.
      Only running a multi-band vertical at this point in time.

      Just checked my log, 30M contacts total 36 QSOs since Jan this year,
      but surprisingly for 25 countries, and some nice ones in there
      including Swains, Chatham, Lakshadeep, Ogasawara, Niue, Scotland,
      Revillagigedo, several Europeans and a few US. Not too shabby now that
      I look at the log.

      Times of the day vary, but most of the contacts have been between 1100
      to 1600 utc and 0600 to 0800 utc. Very unpredictable.

      I haven't seen any Band openings on 30M like you can get on 20, I have
      been on the receiving end of a few EU pileups when 20 opens up. 30
      seems very hit-and-miss, often 1 or 2 contacts in a session, if any.

      A few times I have called CQ on what appears to be a totally dead band
      and have had an answer. So 30 activity, at the moment, is often a
      matter of stopping at 30 for a few calls before moving onto 20 or 40.

      Hopefully, this group may encourage people to stop by 30 and put out a
      few calls.

      Cheers
      Laurie, VK3AMA