Re: [30MDG] Re: JT65A and JT9 frequencies on 30 meters

  • Chris N9JCA
    Message 1 of 1013 , Jul 11, 2013
      here are the freqs for JT65 just ADD 2 Khz for JT9 seem like Joe took your advice Fred

      Band   JT65
      --------------
       160   1.838
        80   3.576
        60   5.357
        40   7.076
        30  10.138
        20  14.076
        17  18.102
        15  21.076
        12  24.917
        10  28.076
         6  50.276

      Chris N9JCA #0333

      "I am always doing that which I CANNOT do in order that I may LEARN how to do it"
      On 07/10/2013 02:13 PM, dl6xaz wrote:

      Hi friends,
      regarding the JT9 frequencies, about half a year ago I advised Joe Taylor K1JT that the choice of 10.130 for JT9 collides with the regulations in force in Region 1, and that it should be considered moving to 10.139600; this would keep us out of trouble and probably not collide with WSPR. I did not receive any further reply.
      As long as we are limited to this extent and there is no agreement which QRGs would be most suitable, our overseas friends should not be too surprised when they do not get many QSOs in WSJT modes into their logs. We do not want to get admonishments by our authorities, especially when IARU bandplans in some countries are binding part of licenses. I believe in the States it isn't funny either to get mail from the FCC.
      vy73 Fred DL6XAZ #0988

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Robin Hodgson <robin_a_hodgson@...> wrote:

      > Hi Scott,
      > It is encouraging to see that there may be an interest in moving the JT frequencies on 30 meters.
      >
      > Those in Region 2 may not realise the situation for digimode operators which exists for Region 1 and Region 3.
      > The ITU allocates 10.100 to 10.150 MHz for Amateur Radio on a secondary basis world-wide .
      > However the IARU has allowed each region to define its own bandplan independently.
      > Unfortunately for users of 30 meters, these regional bandplans are not well co-ordinated world-wide.
      >
      > Region 1: Digimodes (narrow band) are only permitted to transmit on frequencies above 10.140 MHz
      > Region 2: Digimodes (narrow band) are only permitted to transmit on frequencies above 10.130 MHz
      > Region 3: Digimodes (narrow band) are only permitted to transmit on frequencies above 10.140 MHz
      >
      > Therefore on 30 meters, any JT65A (dial 10.138 MHz) or JT9 (dial 10.130 MHz) QSO,
      > where at least one station is in Region 1 or Region 3, is operating outside the IARU rules.
      > So what? . . . .
      > Well I guess for any IARU recognised award, these QSOs should be disallowed by the award manager!
      > However, worse yet, a number of countries in Region 1 have the IARU bandplan incorporated in their licence terms.
      > These stations are then contravening their licences and actually operating illegally!
      >
      > What to do? Well, Regions 2 and 3 do not have any plans to change. Region 1 scheduled the issue
      > for a meeting a few weeks ago, but failed even to discuss it, owing to objections from the CW lobby,
      > who want it left as it is. Their view is that all digimodes should obey IARU and move above 10.140 MHz.
      > So nothing is likely to change for several years.
      >
      > Ian (G3NRW) has a very complete overview of world-wide usage on 30 meters, but can JT65A and JT9
      > accordingly move up into the 10 KHz IARU Region 1 and Region 3 recommendation? Is that really feasible?
      > If so, it could alleviate the problem, until IARU insists that the regions must have the same bandplan to cater
      > for world-wide HF communications.
      >
      > Maybe someone else can comment and perhaps suggest a better alternative?
      >
      > 73 Robin, 9H1ZZ
      >

      > To: 30mdg@yahoogroups.com
      > From: scott_currier@...
      > Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:29:34 +0000
      > Subject: RE: [30MDG] File - Any Reports on 30 mtr contacts?

      > Same here Barry. I have worked a few new stations on JT65 but not many.
      >
      > I have made some contacts on JT-9, many or most are people I have worked on other modes.
      >
      > I think that it may be a disadvantage to have jt-9 down at 10.130 and JT65 at 10.138 +-.
      >
      > I think that it would make sense to move JT65 down 1000 cycles and put JT9 in just above JT65 like it is on other bands.
      >
      > Now that the WSJT-X program does both JT-9 and 65 it would be nice to see both at the same time like you can on other bands.

> [...]

    • graham787
      Message 1013 of 1013 , Dec 27, 2016
        Last 24H

        [ UA1ASB  1 watt band hopping beacon ]