RE: [30MDG] RE: JT65A and JT9 frequencies on 30 meters

  • Robin Hodgson
    Message 1 of 1013 , Jul 10, 2013
      Thanks for the info Don.
      So, it looks as if the ZL and VK administrations are ignoring the IARU regional bandplan.
      Not unexpected;  the authorities do that in most countries!
      But what about the rules of the IARU affiliated Amateur Radio societies in those countries?

      Robin, 9H1ZZ

      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      From: don@...
      Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:57:55 +1200
      Subject: RE: [30MDG] RE: JT65A and JT9 frequencies on 30 meters

      I am region 3 Robin and our 30 meter band plan says cw or   modes less than 1 KHz below 140,  and  vk have ssb below 130 .

      I would love to get  down a little for  jt65 and get away from the wide band marine pactor that's driving me nuts on 138.00, I even hear marine pactor on 10.103, and that's hams  doing it.

      How they get away with it I have no idea.

      Don zl1atb

      From: scott_currier@...
      Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:29:34 +0000
      Subject: RE: [30MDG] File - Any Reports on 30 mtr contacts?

      Same here Barry. I have worked a few new stations on JT65 but not many.

      I have made some contacts on JT-9, many or most are people I have worked on other modes.

      I think that it may be a disadvantage to have jt-9 down at 10.130 and JT65 at 10.138 +-.

      I think that it would make sense to move JT65 down 1000 cycles and put JT9 in just above JT65 like it is on other bands.

      Now that the WSJT-X program does both JT-9 and 65 it would be nice to see both at the same time like you can on other bands.

      I imagine that there will be a transition over to JT-9 unless there is a compelling reason to use JT65 instead. JT9 is so much narrower. Even on 30 meters the JT65 part of the band can get crowded. The narow JT-9 mode can solve that problem.

      I've been neglecting the other modes in favor of JT-9 and 65. Need to get back on the other digital modes as well as spend more time DXing on RTTY and CW.

      73 and have a nice day.

      Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

      To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
      From: Barry@...
      Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 23:09:16 +0100

      Hi Don & all, I must admit I find it hard now to get contacts on 30M :-(
      I use JT65A, HamSpots pick me up in VK etc, but very few QSO's.
      I do try PSK etc as well.
      But I will keep trying.
      Barry M0IOW, 30MDG#013

    • graham787