Re: [30MDG] Re: New Antenna for 30 Meters coming by mid summer...

  • David Cole
    Message 1 of 25 , May 26, 2013
      Hi Don,

      Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, the entire wheel rim thing came
      about, AFTER I had holes dug and concrete poured! :) Wish I had
      thought of that prior to all of that, oh well...

      The current status is on hold for a few more days, the rains have
      returned, and I am letting the ground get soaked prior to digging the
      feed line trenches, etc.

      I have decided to run all the main feed-lines to my outbuilding, ( after
      phasing), then from there, an antenna switch and to the shack... That
      way, I can add tuners, etc and have them under cover later... So... I
      will be renting a trenching machine soon, maybe as early as next week.
      Once that is done, I will then mount up Vertical #1, construct the
      radial field, measuring all the way, then post results. As soon as that
      is done, I'll re-tune it for 30 meters!

      I am currently building a Christman feed for the 40 meter array...

      --
      Thanks,
      Dave