[30MDG] Re: 30 Meter monoband data radio?

  • Nick Tsakonas
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2013

      >That is exactly what I was looking for. I didn't realize that the warblers were simply SSB rigs.
      warblers are very simplistic (and interesting!) rigs ..maybe it sounds exaggerated but their output is indeed SSB! The receiver is a DC receiver with a bit better rejection of the opposite sideband. PSK20/PSK30 are even better rigs!

      >Now if I can find a board that would be ideal. Maybe I will contact small wonders.

      >I would probably add some boots for a boost on this rig as well.
      Due to the way the warbler generates its output, you must be careful  not to boost it too much...maybe the opposite sideband becomes significant at high power.If you need to run very high power, then the warbler may not be a good idea!

      __
      73,Nick