Noise, 30M, 1700-1900 UTC, May 4

  • W. J. Karle
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2013
      I thought it was local to my QTH, perhaps a neighbor's plasma TV or a spur from one of the switching power supplies hiding in everyone's house including my own.  This apparently is not the case.

      W. J. (Bill) Karle, VE4KZ
      Radio Amateurs of Canada -- Maple Leaf Operator Member
      Amateur Radio Emergency Service -- Certified Emergency Coordinator

      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2013

        I think what you describe is marine pactor .

        Its unattended, wide as a barn door, and he doesn't listen,  it goes 24 hrs a day here, as its a zl2 station from wellington, he's a ham , so far everyone is able to work through it. He’s mainly sending marine related data, like banking details to and from boats and isolated islands.

        You will see it listed as a mode used on 30 meters data mode lists.

        Quite frankly he's a pain in the butt.

        Several zl stations have complained to our frequency monitor guru, but nothing is being done about it.

        Don zl1atb