New Layout on HamSpots.net, Mode & Club pages

  • Laurie, VK3AMA
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2013
      On the Mode and Club pages on HamSpots.net, for a long time there have been available two additional displays, "Calls You Spotted" and "Your Call Spotted". These were to the right of the "Cluster Spots" display and for many users were totally or partially obscured. These displays were added as a quick fix in response to some requests (many many months ago) and were never fully implemented with respect to the html css layout coding.

      The layout has now been changed to show those windows below the "Local Spots /Chat /Sked" display, with it being reduced in height and a vertical scroll added.

      If you are not seeing these changes, just do a browser refresh to refresh the whole page. Don't use the "Refresh Now" link as that only refreshes the data and wont load the new layout code. The Browser refresh only needs to be done once.

      Obviously, you need to be signed into HamSpots with your callsign for these displays to be visible.

      The new layout was tested against Firefox 19 and Internet Explorer 10, but should be OK for most browser but may be problematic for very early IE versions.

      Please advise of any layout issues or concerns.

      de Laurie VK3AMA

      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2013
        Hi Laurie VK3AMA,

        Issues or concerns for HamSpot layout.....NONE! I really like the new layout and works great...great job of it!

        I did notice that on bottom left spot data area a few that spotted me listed there not listed on the right side but maybe that is because of the random spots listed on the right or timing issue..but not sure.

        Looks and works great! Thanks for all your time and effort you put into HamSpot.

        Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
        www.30mdg.net