Re: [30MDG] Many RTTY stations on 10.147

  • David Westbrook
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      cluster shows 5X8C (uganda) was spotted at 10.143 RTTY UP a little bit ago ...  Your description certainly sounds like one end of a split DX pileup.

      --david
      kj4izw

      On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Ian Wade G3NRW <g3nrw-radio@...> wrote:

      Listening just now on dial 10.147, there are several RTTY stations
      (including a very strong VK7ZE) repeatedly transmitting just their
      callsigns, up to 10.150. What's going on?

      Ian, G3NRW

      The 30m Band Utilization Chart:

    • Don Leitch
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013

        I see 5x8c  on 10.143 dx station working split up

        Don zl1atb

        PSK-Reporter showing a lot of rtty activity in the last hours ? contest without qso's may be , bit like train spotting ?

        G..

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:

        > Listening just now on dial 10.147, there are several RTTY stations
        > (including a very strong VK7ZE) repeatedly transmitting just their
        > callsigns, up to 10.150. What's going on?

        > Ian, G3NRW
        >
        > The 30m Band Utilization Chart:
        > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/30m_band_utilization.htm

      • Ian Wade G3NRW
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
          From: David Westbrook <dwestbrook@...>
          Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 Time: 15:10:07

          >cluster shows 5X8C (uganda) was spotted at 10.143 RTTY UP a little bit ago
          >... Your description certainly sounds like one end of a split DX pileup.
          >
          >--david
          >kj4izw

          Thanks David.

          That would certainly explain it!