Many RTTY stations on 10.147

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      Listening just now on dial 10.147, there are several RTTY stations
      (including a very strong VK7ZE) repeatedly transmitting just their
      callsigns, up to 10.150. What's going on?

      Ian, G3NRW

      The 30m Band Utilization Chart:
    • graham787
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
        PSK-Reporter showing a lot of rtty activity in the last hours ? contest without qso's may be , bit like train spotting ?

        G..

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:

        > Listening just now on dial 10.147, there are several RTTY stations
        > (including a very strong VK7ZE) repeatedly transmitting just their
        > callsigns, up to 10.150. What's going on?

        > Ian, G3NRW
        >
        > The 30m Band Utilization Chart:
        > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/30m_band_utilization.htm

      • graham787
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
          20:00 Silence ?

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "graham787" wrote:

          > PSK-Reporter showing a lot of rtty activity in the last hours ? contest without qso's may be , bit like train spotting ?
          >
          > G..
          >
          > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
          > >
          > > Listening just now on dial 10.147, there are several RTTY stations
          > > (including a very strong VK7ZE) repeatedly transmitting just their
          > > callsigns, up to 10.150. What's going on?
          > >
          > > --
          > > 73
          > > Ian, G3NRW
          > >
          > > The 30m Band Utilization Chart:
          > > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/30m_band_utilization.htm

        • David Westbrook

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013

              I see 5x8c  on 10.143 dx station working split up

              Don zl1atb

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
                From: David Westbrook <dwestbrook@...>
                Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 Time: 15:10:07

                >cluster shows 5X8C (uganda) was spotted at 10.143 RTTY UP a little bit ago
                >... Your description certainly sounds like one end of a split DX pileup.
                >
                >--david
                >kj4izw

                Thanks David.

                That would certainly explain it!