RE: [30MDG] NTC Changes

  • Robin Hodgson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hi Larry,

      This ruling (only operation from 7pm to 6 am authorized on 30  meters) in The Philippines appears to be unique.
      Checking the web-published documents from NTC, I can find no legal rules referring to this.  Maybe it is not openly published?
      There is no mention of this in IARU Region 3 bandplan recommendation.
      However, the time restriction is published in the PARA (Philippines Amateur Radio Association) 30 meter bandplan.
      Perhaps you could check with PARA and find out why this restriction exists, and if it is a legal obligation or simply a recommendation.

      73 Robin, 9H1ZZ

      To: 30mdg@yahoogroups.com
      From: n6hpx1@...
      Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:39:25 +0000
      Subject: [30MDG] NTC Changes

      Some one asked why they changed the rules towrds our hours of 30m
      ops this not only affected our JT65HF but also PSK31 and others, many
      times in the early mornings we was picking up Reunion island and
      Madagscar and some other islands there, along with Africa. I was
      texted the info thru some fellow hams like DU1GM and also had a
      confirmation from DU1EV.

      But despite all this will still be watching it in the mornings when I
      can, its around 2300 utc in Philippines

      73 from Thailand

      larry

      --