R. 30 metre upgrade

  • raf3151019
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2013
      Hi, The thing is I don't need contacts with east coast US. I had thousands of contacts with the eastern seaboard stations years ago, its the states in the middle of the US I'd like to hear. I collected over 1,600 US counties until the bands went belly up with a lack of good east east contacts after 1993

      Its very close to the peak now and really the bands have shown no real improvement.

      Mel G0GQK
    • Scott Currier
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013

        Hi Mel, I see, yes, this sunspot cycle has been a big disappointment.

        1600 counties, that's very impressive. Nice job.

        I'm always interested in what people are using for antennas and power. What kind of a setup do you have on 30?

        I wonder if you are using only digital or digital and cw on 30?

        I currently have an 80 meter OCF dipole at about 15 meters. I also have a bent vertical dipole for 160 meters that works on 30. My radio will run up to 200 watts output, which is convenient since that it our power limit on 30.

        The vertical section of the antenna is 19 meters tall fed in the center. The dipole is usually better but the vert makes a good showing.

        Also makes a good showing on 60 meters.

        I hope things are going well for you.

        Thanks for the reply.

        73 Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA