Re: [30MDG] 30 metre antenna upgrade

  • kd1ia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 19 3:27 AM
      11:22  3 -12  1.4  -277  B KO1H G4DZE -10

      This morning my time
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24 10:45 AM

        Hi Mel, FYI, East Coast US to the UK is very easy and a daily occurrence. In fact, it's probably easier than working California.

        It's not uncommon to work UK QRP stations without any problem either.

        If you aren't hearing US stations the following three things come to mind.

        Your antenna does not favor this direction.
        You have a terrain feature that is attenuating signals from this direction.
        The times you are on 10 mHz do not coincide with when the band is open to the US.

        What are you using for an antenna on 30? I have an 80 meter dipole and a 160 meter vert.

        73 and good dx.

        Scott KT1B Haverhill, MA

        To: 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
        From: Gzerogqk@...