30m antenna upgrades

  • ko1hqrp
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hi, I don't think this is particulary on or off topic. I currently run 3 soon to be 4 different antennas on 30m. I have a small lot and no tower so althought I understand Higher is beter well I just cant do that. Currently have a F12 Sigma 30 (vertical dipole) 30m extended zep up as inverted V apex 30ft. 30m dipole (part of a warc band fan dipole ) at apx 20ft. And a HB 30m Half square still going up. That mess desribed. I am considering a 4 square or 2 element verical array.

      Both are a little costly 4 square comming in about $1200 and the second vertical (Sigma 30) plus phasing box and cables about $800. First problem other than the $$ with the 4 square is Im short on space. I know that shortening up the spacing wont KILL the patern but will it make less effient than the 2 element array. I believe I can offer the 4 square an equal 20ft on a side rather than the ideal 23ft. or I cna make two sides 20ft and the other's 23. If this is too much for this group perhaps suggest an Antenna group that might shed some light for me?

      I love 30m and want to optimize for the space I've got.

      Thanks again 73 de John ko1h