noise level on 30 meters

  • wn2r
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hello all,

      I am being driven nuts with a s9 noise level on 30 and 160 meters. Not sure what it is have tried just about everything. The only thing that I have done is I had to move in town for a bit while getting the house in the country fixed up.. These are my two favorite bands so thats about right. any ideas will be appreciated..
      73, Fred N2FJ
    • IZ1TGH Roberto Waha
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2013
        Hi Fred.

        2013/1/11 wn2r <n2fj@...>

        I am being driven nuts with a s9 noise level on 30 and 160 meters. Not sure what it is have tried just about everything. The only thing that I have done is I had to move in town for a bit while getting the house in the country fixed up.. These are my two favorite bands so thats about right. any ideas will be appreciated.

        I've got the same problem here. Very close to my dipole antenna there are some neon lights of a shop. When they turn on you can clearly hear the "BUZZZZZZ" of the neon starter and then a S8-S9 noise knocking out completely the 80-40-30-20 metres bands.

        Other pesky sources of noise might be plasma TV sets around you or electricity poles and cables (I'm far enough from the local train station).
        Check for switching power supplies (such as portable or desktop computers) around the rig or too close to the antenna.

        Ciao!
        73 de IZ1TGH
        --
        +------------=* IZ1TGH Roberto Waha - IZ1TGH@... *=-------------+
        |          El Senyor és la meva força, el Senyor el meu cant.         |