Saturday 30m SSTV MP73-N (<500hz) 1700-1900 utc, 10/13/2012, 11:00 am

  • 30MDG@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 12, 2012
      Reminder from: 30MDG Yahoo! Group

      Title: Saturday 30m SSTV MP73-N (<500hz) 1700-1900 utc

      Date: Saturday October 13, 2012
      Time: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
      Location: 30m 10.132 (Region II) 10.144 (Region I) SSTV-N (MMSTV MP73-N)
      Notes: Join in and give narrow mode SSTV a try on the 30 Meter Band!
      Starting in 2011 the 30m SSTV Yahoo Group has decided to dedicate a day (Saturdays) and time (1700 - 1900 utc) frame to join others that might be interested in some SSTV-N on 30 Meters so if you are interested try some SSTV (MMSTV mode MP73-N) 10.132 (Region II) or 10.144 (Region I)..please join in!

      Subscribe: 30mSSTV-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      http://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=K3UK%27s_Quick_and_Dirty_Guide_to_Narrow_Bandwidth_SSTV

      30m SSTV SPOTS:
      http://hamspots.net/sstv/

      http://www.30mdg.net/30_Meter_Band_INFORMATION_Aug_2010_002.pdf

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
        Hi
        I have just joined this Group I am a big fan of SSTV but do not know the mode NP73-N I have two programmes on my computer HRD which has SSTV as part of its programme but there appears only one mode Is this NP73-N the other is Hampal a DRM programme I would like to have a go on 30m with SSTV which programme do I need ? and where can I get it from
        Regards
        Chris G7TCW

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2012
          Hello Chris G7TCW

          Welcome and nice to have you Chris as new member 30MDG#5938!

          For the most part the MMSSTV MP73N was started in NA Region II at 10.132 USB and the MP73N mode because for 30 Meters must have a bandwidth of =<500hz so this mode fits that requirement. I know there has been some 30m MMSSTV-N activity over the last year or two but it is not real active thus the activity hours on Saturday's to try to drum up activity. I think in EU Region I they are using 10.144 USB also using MMSSTV MP73-N (N=narrow) or <500hz. I know of only a handful in EU giving it a go on 30m SSTV-N.

          Along with asking and posting a question here (which is fine) you also might join and post a message to:
          Subscribe: 30mSSTV-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          If you have not read over the detailed quick and dirty guide on Narrow SSTV please do so (courtesy of Andy K3UK):
          http://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=K3UK%27s_Quick_and_Dirty_Guide_to_Narrow_Bandwidth_SSTV

          If you have not downloaded MMSSTV go here:
          http://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmsstv.php

          Again keep in mind must be NARROW SSTV <500hz for 30m...MMSTV mode MP73-N) 10.132 (Region II) or 10.144 (Region I).

          Most trying SSTV-N on 30m are using HamSpots to gain more to join in and posts 30m SSTV-N Spots:
          http://hamspots.net/sstv/

          I have joined in over the years on a few Saturdays and I like SSTV so the 30m SSTV-N is fun for me and I have made a number of 30m SSTV-N contacts on the band...all fun.

          Thanks
          Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
          www.30mdg.net

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2012
            Hi
            I have downloaded MMSSTV and have it now set up and working on MP37-N
            I will give it a try on Saturday on 10.144
            I will also be active on the other Digital modes but unfortunately I cannot be on the air on Sunday
            Thanks for your help
            Chris G7TCW