Re: 30MDG Muli Mode Event Weekend Oct 27/28? 5 yrs, 6,000 mem, Celebrate?

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 8, 2012
      FYI
      Have had only around 10 replies so not sure we have enough here interested anymore but from the ones I have got back here or emailed most seem okay with Oct 27/28 weekend (although as stated is CQ WW SSB Contest Weekend). Did have a couple concerned if we might pick another weekend as they would be participating in the CQ WW SSB Contest.

      So any other comments about our weekend?

      Will you participate?

      Does another weekend look better than Oct 27/28?

      I'm not sure what weekend would be best as most all weekends we will be up against some sort of contest going on (usually I try to stay away from any digital contests - and if all else fails we pick one since 30m is a no contest band some might want to have a place to go if they don't join in the contest for that particular weekend).

      Do you have a suggestion on another weekend?

      See below:
      http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/contestcal.html

      0600Z-0900Z, Oct 14
      + ARRL School Club Roundup 1300Z, Oct 15 to 2400Z, Oct 19
      + NCCC Sprint 0230Z-0300Z, Oct 19
      + JARTS WW RTTY Contest 0000Z, Oct 20 to 2400Z, Oct 21
      + Araucaria VHF Contest 0000Z, Oct 20 to 1600Z, Oct 21
      + 10-10 Int. Fall Contest, CW 0001Z, Oct 20 to 2359Z, Oct 21
      + New York QSO Party 1400Z, Oct 20 to 0200Z, Oct 21
      + Iowa QSO Party 1400Z-2300Z, Oct 20
      + Stew Perry Topband Challenge 1500Z, Oct 20 to 1500Z, Oct 21
      + Worked All Germany Contest 1500Z, Oct 20 to 1459Z, Oct 21
      + Feld Hell Sprint 2000Z-2200Z, Oct 20
      + Asia-Pacific Fall Sprint, CW 0000Z-0200Z, Oct 21
      + UBA ON Contest, 2m 0600Z-1000Z, Oct 21
      + Illinois QSO Party 1700Z, Oct 21 to 0100Z, Oct 22
      + Run for the Bacon QRP Contest 0100Z-0300Z, Oct 22
      + SKCC Sprint 0000Z-0200Z, Oct 24
      + CWops Mini-CWT Test 1300Z-1400Z, Oct 24 and
      1900Z-2000Z, Oct 24 and
      0300Z-0400Z, Oct 25
      + RSGB 80m Club Sprint, SSB 1900Z-2000Z, Oct 25
      + NCCC Sprint 0230Z-0300Z, Oct 26
      + CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB 0000Z, Oct 27 to 2400Z, Oct 28

      November 2012
      + NCCC Sprint 0230Z-0300Z, Nov 2
      + ARRL EME Contest 0000Z, Nov 3 to 2359Z, Nov 4
      + Ukrainian DX Contest 1200Z, Nov 3 to 1200Z, Nov 4
      + ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW 2100Z, Nov 3 to 0300Z, Nov 5
      + High Speed Club CW Contest 0900Z-1100Z, Nov 4 and
      1500Z-1700Z, Nov 4
      + DARC 10-Meter Digital Contest 1100Z-1700Z, Nov 4
      + ARS Spartan Sprint 0200Z-0400Z, Nov 6
      + NCCC Sprint 0230Z-0300Z, Nov 9
      + WAE DX Contest, RTTY 0000Z, Nov 10 to 2359Z, Nov 11
      + 10-10 Int. Fall Contest, Digital 0001Z, Nov 10 to 2359Z, Nov 11
      + JIDX Phone Contest 0700Z, Nov 10 to 1300Z, Nov 11

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "kb9umt" <dhobson123@...> wrote:

      > GE all 30MDG Members....
      >
      > Well,
      >
      > We are well over due and now we actually have a reason to celebrate so how about it? Anyone ready to get on the band and make some noise? Experiment? Try different modes? Meet other 30DMG Members? Promote the 30m band? Have some ragchews with 30MDG friends?
      >
      > Please let me know what you think and if you think October 27/28 weekend might work. Looking at the contest calendar I try to stay away from weekends that have other digital mode contests or activities so it appears the last weekend of October might work with the CQ WW SSB Contest going on but although some of course will participate in that which is great we are a group of mostly digital ops and promoting the 30m band a non-contest band so it might be a weekend to have some fun on 30m band, what say you?
      >
      > Time has flew by...30MDG now at 5 years old, might hit 6,000 members in November 2012 coming up, we have 30% participation in our 30MDG Awards Program issuing over 31,000 Awards...time to celebrate!
      >
      > Thanks to all that respond, read this, and that participate.
      >
      > Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
      > (if we go with it please help me out once we announce the final information and post to your friends, clubs, groups, Ham sites, or your websites - every bit helps- the more that participate the more fun for all)

    • xlhrules
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 10, 2012
        I'll participate if I can hear on 30!! 30 MDG #5007

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2012
          GM,

          Hearing no other suggestions and assuming many of you that don't contest or do much voice/ssb but like digital keyboard modes we will go foward with the 27 & 28 October weekend... more info to come then and let's roll with it to have some fun on 30m band.

          Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
          www.30mdg.net

        • ik6zde
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 19, 2012
            Yes!

            I will be on air.

            Nice idea and happy bday.

            I set a banner for 30MDG in my little web page.

            Fabrizio 30MDG#3632 ik6zde (.it)

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 19, 2012
              Hello Fabrizio IK6ZDE,

              Many thanks for the reply and look forward to working you in any mode on the band (propagation willing). Thank you also for promoting on your website http://www.ik6zde.it/ very nice!

              Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
              www.30mdg.net

              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "ik6zde" <ik6zde@...> wrote:

              > Yes!
              >
              > I will be on air.
              >
              > Nice idea and happy bday.
              >
              > I set a banner for 30MDG in my little web page.
              >
              > Fabrizio 30MDG#3632 ik6zde (.it)
              >

              > --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "kb9umt" <dhobson123@> wrote:
              > >
              > > GE all 30MDG Members....
              > >
              > > Well,
              > >
              > > We are well over due and now we actually have a reason to celebrate so how about it? Anyone ready to get on the band and make some noise? Experiment? Try different modes? Meet other 30DMG Members? Promote the 30m band? Have some ragchews with 30MDG friends?
              > >
              > > Please let me know what you think and if you think October 27/28 weekend might work. Looking at the contest calendar I try to stay away from weekends that have other digital mode contests or activities so it appears the last weekend of October might work with the CQ WW SSB Contest going on but although some of course will participate in that which is great we are a group of mostly digital ops and promoting the 30m band a non-contest band so it might be a weekend to have some fun on 30m band, what say you?
              > >
              > > Time has flew by...30MDG now at 5 years old, might hit 6,000 members in November 2012 coming up, we have 30% participation in our 30MDG Awards Program issuing over 31,000 Awards...time to celebrate!
              > >
              > > Thanks to all that respond, read this, and that participate.
              > >
              > > Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
              > > (if we go with it please help me out once we announce the final information and post to your friends, clubs, groups, Ham sites, or your websites - every bit helps- the more that participate the more fun for all)

            • ku4a
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 28, 2012
                I hope everyone enjoyed the operating event as much as I did. I managed to resist the temptation to go to higher bands :-). I camped out on 30m JT65 all weekend, and learned a good bit about propagation on the band.

                I started the weekend needing 7 states to complete W.A.S. on 30. I worked 4 of those states. Plus a ton of DX. Thanks for all the QSOs!

                KU4A