Re: 30 meter wire beam....or 30m Half Square??

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2012
      Hi Fred N2FJ,

      I know others have already replied but I got to tell you here is a simple wire antenna that works...30m Half Square. I noticed how many stations that our 30m friend John VE1CDD was reporting to PSKReporter and also when he had is live 30m PSK receiver up and running - was amazing. John of course in a great spot for DX into EU but thought I would try this wire antenna to see how it played out - worked great for me. Go here for details:

      It really is a great DX antenna, takes little room, no radials required, doesn't have to be high in the air, acts like phased verticals, is somewhat directional, easy and cheap to make so this also one you might look to try for 30m band.

      My previous message post about 30m Half Square:

      Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net