Re: File - Any Reports on 30 mtr contacts?

    Message 1 of 937 , Oct 6, 2012
      Hi George AC5JV,

      That is not funny for sure...is this noise on all bands or just 30m? I have to say that if I had S9 noise I would not hear much of the 30m action on the band at all - that is a big problem for you. I do know that in the city here switching to my vertical ups my noise an s unit or so but usually still around s2 to s3 on the vertical - switching to the wire antennas it does reduce the noise level. You might think about using the vertical to transmit and a rx wire antenna to reduce the noise maybe. GL but again I can see why not much action for you with that high of noise level/floor.

      Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "AC5JV,GEORGE" <ac5jv@...> wrote:

      > HELLO ALL:
      >   DE: AC5JV,GEORGE.
      >  BEEN SO LONG SINCE I HAVE SEEN ANYTHING ON 30M HERE IN OKLAHOMA BESIDE 10/S9 NOISE , ITS NOT FUNNY !!
      >  73 TO ALL
      >

      > AC5JV, GEORGE
      > http://ac5jv.tripod.com
      >  146.985 RPT INFO
      > http://www.kc5dbh.freewebspace.com/
      >    HAM TRADERS GROUP
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/neokhamtraders/
      >     KD5KUF PAWN SHOP
      > http://www.siloamspringspawn.com/
      > FOR COMPUTER WORK:
      > http://brownellsitsolutions.zymichost.com/

    • graham787
      Message 937 of 937 , Aug 25 2:06 PM

        Last 24 hours  on  ROS/Opera  ,

        looks more like a  mexican stand off ,  who  is going to  Tx first !

        G,

        K6AVPK6AVP30mOPERA0 miles15:57:33
        G4FJWG4FJW30mOPERA0 km12:33:12
        VK3XQVK3XQ30mOPERA0 km01:26:50