Re: AW: [30MDG] video screen capture

  • signal
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 12, 2012
      In MultiPSK amtor won't decode it. I couldn't get SitorA to decode it because I believe I have to have a full registered copy of MultiPSK which I do not have. Even if I bought it there's no guarantee it's going to decode it.

      Is there a free program out there in cyber space that will decode SitorA?

      Eddy N4ABN

      On 9/12/2012 10:09 AM, siegfried jackstien wrote:

      It is sitor (hams know it as amtor)

      Arq mode ... some hams use amtor but here I think it is a commercial station

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi

      --
      If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

      https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/
    • Don Leitch
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 12, 2012
        it's marine pactor being done we think by a zl2 station he's running information for marine stations
        and remote islands.
        several zl hams have complained to our intruder watch system but so far nothing appears to have
        been done , according to our rules we can only use narrow modes and we must be in attendance
        when transmitting, and check the frequency is not in use, and no commercial traffic ,so to me he's breaking the rules.
        I was sent another email a few days ago about another station in vk starting a new one but further down the band,
        so hopefully it won't affect us like this one.
        you can always complain to your admin as well guys the more complaints the better to make him at least shift

        Don zl1atb

        --
        If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

        https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/

      • om5na
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 12, 2012
          Hello Eddy,
          This mode is HF PACTOR. The first part of your recording can be decoded by Mixw or Multipsk. Just change the mode inside them to the PACTOR. The decoded text of the "amtor like sound" will be <Calling:WB2FTX>. This is a kind of calling procedure in PACTOR I mode. After successful connection the mode was changing to PACTOR III or PACTOR IV, but I am not sure, I have no decoder for that modes.

          73, Dezider OM5NA

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

          > Last week I posted about a signal I couldn't identify even though it's
          > one I hear often. The signal is always in the same spot and appears to
          > be 1000hz wide. Is this a primary on 30m? I made a video capture of it.
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQhQwXd3Zgo&feature=plcp
          >

          > Eddy N4ABN

        • signal
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 12, 2012
            Hello Dezider,

            I'll give that another try. I tried them all but maybe I didn't have it adjusted right.

            Eddy N4ABN

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 12, 2012
              Eddy, please see this short video

              http://youtu.be/9v1zjpuGQhY

              which shows how Mixw or MultiPSK simultaneusly decoding the recorded audio from your video

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 12, 2012
                Dezider I'm working on figuring out how to decode it with MultiPSK. Thanks for that video. Do you have the paid version of MultiPSK? I'm thinking about purchasing it. If I don't need it to decode it then I probably won't. I see who it says they are calling but missed who was doing the calling.

                Eddy N4ABN