Re: [30MDG] Re: 2000hz wide

  • signal
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
      Hi Graham,

      I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

      73 Eddy N4ABN

      On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

      Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

      G.

      --
      If you do not feel comfortable with firearms, maybe you will be more comfortable as a victim.

      https://sites.google.com/site/n4abnradio/
    • David Meye
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
        try wa4wamr8unnoig nsuper high power or one of his cronies

        I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

        73 Eddy N4ABN

        On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

        Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

        G.

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

        > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
        > group web site a file I recorded of it.
        >

        > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
        > >
        > > OTR Radar

      • Joe Brown
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
          Eddy I believe 500Hz only applies to Amateur Radio operators who by the way, are secondary users of the band and should not cause interference to the primary users.
          73 – Joe W2JLB

          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
            Joe, yes I understand that. I can't tell who's sending the signal. How can  you tell if it's a primary? I think I hear it identifying with cw but didn't pay attention to it at the time. I'll try and catch it the next time I hear it ,also I'll mark the date and time next time.

            73 Eddy  N4ABN

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
              David have you decoded him doing that wide signal?

              73 Eddy N4ABN

              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                on a lot of freq and he does not care either

                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                  What is the mode he's using?

                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                    jt65 psk  rtty  but most of the time ssb. He is a x cber and runs excessive power to a beam.    Tat is all Ican tell you jsut listen around 7.180 and hear ,is comments on the nets that he hates and wants to run off frequencies . I can only tell what I heard that is all.

                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                      The primary users are fixed services outside the United States. They can be military or other government users. Thetransmissions could be encrypted. With a signal that wide I think you can assume it's one of the primary users.

                      Bottom line, it's just 30 meters being 30 meters.
                      73 – Joe W2JLB

                      On 8/26/2012 3:45 PM, signal wrote:

                      Joe, yes I understand that. I can't tell who's sending the signal. How can  you tell if it's a primary? I think I hear it identifying with cw but didn't pay attention to it at the time. I'll try and catch it the next time I hear it ,also I'll mark the date and time next time.

                      73 Eddy  N4ABN

                      On 8/26/2012 3:32 PM, Joe Brown wrote:

                      Eddy I believe 500Hz only applies to Amateur Radio operators who by the way, are secondary users of the band and should not cause interference to the primary users.
                      73 – Joe W2JLB

                      On 8/26/2012 2:51 PM, signal wrote:

                      Hi Graham,

                      I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                      73 Eddy N4ABN

                      On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                      Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                      G.

                      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                      > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                      > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                      >

                      > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                      > >
                      > > OTR Radar

                    • Don Leitch
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012

                        I hear it strong as in zl    always on the digital freqs , I assumed its othr.

                        German station tells me its 20 over at his place.

                        Bit of a stir in Cyprus

                        Don zl1atb

                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                          rr Dave. I hope I'm not one he wants to run off lol. I haven't heard him and don't have any qso's with him. Maybe I'm not on his radar.

                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                            Joe, it could be a primary but I couldn't tell since I can't decode encrypted signals and don't know what mode that is to know what software I would need to decode it. I guess I'm a nosy type because I like to know what's being sent.

                            Eddy N4ABN

                            On 8/26/2012 4:49 PM, Joe Brown wrote:

                            The primary users are fixed services outside the United States. They can be military or other government users. The transmissions could be encrypted. With a signal that wide I think you can assume it's one of the primary users.

                            Bottom line, it's just 30 meters being 30 meters.
                            73 – Joe W2JLB

                            On 8/26/2012 3:45 PM, signal wrote:

                            Joe, yes I understand that. I can't tell who's sending the signal. How can  you tell if it's a primary? I think I hear it identifying with cw but didn't pay attention to it at the time. I'll try and catch it the next time I hear it ,also I'll mark the date and time next time.

                            73 Eddy  N4ABN

                            On 8/26/2012 3:32 PM, Joe Brown wrote:

                            Eddy I believe 500Hz only applies to Amateur Radio operators who by the way, are secondary users of the band and should not cause interference to the primary users.
                            73 – Joe W2JLB

                            On 8/26/2012 2:51 PM, signal wrote:

                            Hi Graham,

                            I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                            73 Eddy N4ABN

                            On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                            Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                            G.

                            --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                            > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                            > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                            >

                            > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                            > >
                            > > OTR Radar

                            • Phil Williams

                                I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                                73 Eddy N4ABN

                                On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                                Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                                G.

                                --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                                > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                                > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                                >

                                > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                                > >
                                > > OTR Radar

                                Phil KA1GMN

                              • Don Leitch

                                    Message 18 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012

                                      I just work through it

                                      I turn down the volume  so I cant hear it and just go ahead

                                      I usually make it too

                                      Don zl1atb

                                      I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                                      73 Eddy N4ABN

                                      On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                                      Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                                      G.

                                      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                                      > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                                      > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                                      >

                                      > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > OTR Radar

                                    • Glenn L. Roeser
                                      Message 19 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                        Could this be the signal?

                                        Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV
                                      • Phil Williams
                                        Message 20 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                          Yes, Pactor 4.

                                          On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Glenn L. Roeser <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                                          Could this be the signal?

                                          Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV

                                          --
                                          Phil KA1GMN

                                        • signal
                                          Message 21 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                            Yes that's what it sounds like. I love digital sounds lol... I just don't like them messing up qso's.

                                            73 Eddy N4ABN

                                            On 8/26/2012 6:29 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:

                                            Could this be the signal?

                                            Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV

                                                Message 24 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012

                                                  Thats not quite what I hear,   Its close,   but has more of the higher pitched scraping sounds and the display on my jt65 waterfall shows different shaped bars, as it goes .

                                                  Don zl1atb

                                                  Who ever it is its a strong signal and wide as a barn door , even if it is a primary service they still have to make sure the frequency is not in use, they cant just go over everyone else as these guys do.

                                                  Don zl1atb

                                                  Message 25 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                                    OK
                                                    73 – Joe W2JLB