Re: 2000hz wide

  • graham787
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
      Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

      G.

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

      > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
      > group web site a file I recorded of it.
      >

      > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
      > >
      > > OTR Radar

    • signal
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
        Hi Graham,

        I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

        73 Eddy N4ABN

        On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

        Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

        G.

        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

        > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
        > group web site a file I recorded of it.
        >

        > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
        > >
        > > OTR Radar

      • David Meye
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
          try wa4wamr8unnoig nsuper high power or one of his cronies

          I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

          73 Eddy N4ABN

          On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

          Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

          G.

          --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

          > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
          > group web site a file I recorded of it.
          >

          > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
          > >
          > > OTR Radar

        • Joe Brown
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
            Eddy I believe 500Hz only applies to Amateur Radio operators who by the way, are secondary users of the band and should not cause interference to the primary users.
            73 – Joe W2JLB

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
              Joe, yes I understand that. I can't tell who's sending the signal. How can  you tell if it's a primary? I think I hear it identifying with cw but didn't pay attention to it at the time. I'll try and catch it the next time I hear it ,also I'll mark the date and time next time.

              73 Eddy  N4ABN

              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                David have you decoded him doing that wide signal?

                73 Eddy N4ABN

                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                  on a lot of freq and he does not care either

                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                    What is the mode he's using?

                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                      jt65 psk  rtty  but most of the time ssb. He is a x cber and runs excessive power to a beam.    Tat is all Ican tell you jsut listen around 7.180 and hear ,is comments on the nets that he hates and wants to run off frequencies . I can only tell what I heard that is all.

                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                        The primary users are fixed services outside the United States. They can be military or other government users. Thetransmissions could be encrypted. With a signal that wide I think you can assume it's one of the primary users.

                        Bottom line, it's just 30 meters being 30 meters.
                        73 – Joe W2JLB

                        On 8/26/2012 3:45 PM, signal wrote:

                        Joe, yes I understand that. I can't tell who's sending the signal. How can  you tell if it's a primary? I think I hear it identifying with cw but didn't pay attention to it at the time. I'll try and catch it the next time I hear it ,also I'll mark the date and time next time.

                        73 Eddy  N4ABN

                        On 8/26/2012 3:32 PM, Joe Brown wrote:

                        Eddy I believe 500Hz only applies to Amateur Radio operators who by the way, are secondary users of the band and should not cause interference to the primary users.
                        73 – Joe W2JLB

                        On 8/26/2012 2:51 PM, signal wrote:

                        Hi Graham,

                        I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                        73 Eddy N4ABN

                        On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                        Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                        G.

                        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                        > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                        > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                        >

                        > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                        > >
                        > > OTR Radar

                      • Don Leitch
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012

                          I hear it strong as in zl    always on the digital freqs , I assumed its othr.

                          German station tells me its 20 over at his place.

                          Bit of a stir in Cyprus

                          Don zl1atb

                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                            rr Dave. I hope I'm not one he wants to run off lol. I haven't heard him and don't have any qso's with him. Maybe I'm not on his radar.

                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                              Joe, it could be a primary but I couldn't tell since I can't decode encrypted signals and don't know what mode that is to know what software I would need to decode it. I guess I'm a nosy type because I like to know what's being sent.

                              Eddy N4ABN

                              On 8/26/2012 4:49 PM, Joe Brown wrote:

                              The primary users are fixed services outside the United States. They can be military or other government users. The transmissions could be encrypted. With a signal that wide I think you can assume it's one of the primary users.

                              Bottom line, it's just 30 meters being 30 meters.
                              73 – Joe W2JLB

                              On 8/26/2012 3:45 PM, signal wrote:

                              Joe, yes I understand that. I can't tell who's sending the signal. How can  you tell if it's a primary? I think I hear it identifying with cw but didn't pay attention to it at the time. I'll try and catch it the next time I hear it ,also I'll mark the date and time next time.

                              73 Eddy  N4ABN

                              On 8/26/2012 3:32 PM, Joe Brown wrote:

                              Eddy I believe 500Hz only applies to Amateur Radio operators who by the way, are secondary users of the band and should not cause interference to the primary users.
                              73 – Joe W2JLB

                              On 8/26/2012 2:51 PM, signal wrote:

                              Hi Graham,

                              I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                              73 Eddy N4ABN

                              On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                              Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                              G.

                              --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                              > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                              > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                              >

                              > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                              > >
                              > > OTR Radar

                              • Phil Williams

                                  I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                                  73 Eddy N4ABN

                                  On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                                  Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                                  G.

                                  --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                                  > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                                  > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                                  >

                                  > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > OTR Radar

                                  Phil KA1GMN

                                • Don Leitch

                                      Message 19 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012

                                        I just work through it

                                        I turn down the volume  so I cant hear it and just go ahead

                                        I usually make it too

                                        Don zl1atb

                                        I was only hearing the one side. I thought 500hz was the max on 30m. I often see that signal in the same place.  I don't have a clue how to decode it right now. I  can't be the only one hearing it. Since I don't have a beam I can't tell what direction it's coming from either. Also lately there has been a lot of OTR wiping out my fun time on 30m :) Must be coming from down here in Florida.

                                        73 Eddy N4ABN

                                        On 8/26/2012 2:39 PM, graham787 wrote:

                                        Sounds like a wide shift 2 tone rtty , could be something like paktor , or a mil version may be in full duplex as only have one side ?

                                        G.

                                        --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, signal <signalhz@...> wrote:

                                        > Did you listen to it because it don't sound like OTR. I uploaded to the
                                        > group web site a file I recorded of it.
                                        >

                                        > On 8/26/2012 9:39 AM, n5ztw@... wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > OTR Radar

                                      • Glenn L. Roeser
                                        Message 20 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                          Could this be the signal?

                                          Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV
                                        • Phil Williams
                                          Message 21 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                            Yes, Pactor 4.

                                            On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Glenn L. Roeser <hillbillietrace@...> wrote:

                                            Could this be the signal?

                                            Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV

                                            --
                                            Phil KA1GMN

                                          • signal
                                            Message 22 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                              Yes that's what it sounds like. I love digital sounds lol... I just don't like them messing up qso's.

                                              73 Eddy N4ABN

                                              On 8/26/2012 6:29 PM, Glenn L. Roeser wrote:

                                              Could this be the signal?

                                              Very 73 to all, Glenn WB2LMV

                                                  Message 25 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012

                                                    Thats not quite what I hear,   Its close,   but has more of the higher pitched scraping sounds and the display on my jt65 waterfall shows different shaped bars, as it goes .

                                                    Don zl1atb

                                                    Who ever it is its a strong signal and wide as a barn door , even if it is a primary service they still have to make sure the frequency is not in use, they cant just go over everyone else as these guys do.

                                                    Don zl1atb

                                                    Message 26 of 30 , Aug 26, 2012
                                                      OK
                                                      73 – Joe W2JLB