Re: File - Any Reports on 30 mtr contacts?

    Message 1 of 1013 , May 20, 2012
      Hi George AC5JV,

      Thanks for the post...I have found I can usually aways get a great ragchew on 30m digital-we have some very nice digital ops not always in it for the 599 TU 73 contacts.

      Good for you on your listed contacts and I too like you have found that when using my vertical here in town that many times for me in the city anyway just to high of noice level to work many the 30m band - most of the NA stations over S8 are FB but if like you the noise floor is at S7 (or higher) sure are missing out on other acitivty -weak signals in NA and for sure the DX signals abroad.

      Some can't put up more than one antenna but for me I have found it is a big plus to be able to go from a vertical, to a wire dipole or loop depending on band conditions/prop/noise etc and I'm also lucky thus far that the 2 ele homebrew 30m yagi is still usable which helps.

      Thanks
      Don KB9UMT 30MDG#0001
      www.30mdg.net

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "AC5JV,GEORGE" <ac5jv@...> wrote:

      > hello : de:ac5jv george . i had 2 // 30m psk 31 contacts saturday about 15:00utc . one contact to wu3h/0 and the other to ki4eme  . was a very good chat . not just in and out qso .
      >
      >  73 ac5jv,george
      >

      > AC5JV, GEORGE
      > http://ac5jv.tripod.com
      >  146.985 RPT INFO
      > http://www.kc5dbh.freewebspace.com/

      --- In 30MDG@yahoogroups.com, "AC5JV,GEORGE" <ac5jv@...> wrote:

      > AGAIN SAT HERE IN OKLAHOMA ,, EM26 WITH S9 TO 10 NOISE LEVEL
      > 73 AC5JV, GEORGE
      >

      > AC5JV, GEORGE
      > http://ac5jv.tripod.com
      > 146.985 RPT INFO