Question re DX-contacts in QRZ.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2012
      Hi folks,
      a bit off-topic but I would like to get some explanation why so many hams in the UAE-region are expressly interested that I file my call in their QRZ.com DX contacts. Rarely I see such requests from other regions. If I confirm the contacts by paper card or eQSL, what does such listing help them further? Not that I'd mind typing in my call, but I'd like to know the reason, if any.
      Thanks in advance - vy73 Fred DL6XAZ