fldigi

  • ka8oqf
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2012
      I recently did a presentation for our Thursday Nite Tech bunch on the digital modes. 30MDG was mentioned more than once, and the 30 Meter Band At A Glance was transcribed into a .txt file and made available to the TNTb.

      That being said, someone took me to task (gently) for some of the info I gave being "out of date". Well, it does happen...

      One thing mentioned was that the software we use out here at the club station could be updated. FLDIGI was recommended.

      Now, our current computer system here is a bit...elderly...shall we say?
      A Penti8m II laptop with a 4 Gb hard drive and 160Mb of memory, running Windoze 98. My question is, will this limited system run FLDIGI? Or would we be better off just staying with what runs now, and upgrade the software a bit later? New computers are on the way, with MUCH greater capabilities.

      Your commentary is encouraged.

      For the Dayton Amateur Radio Assn club station W8BI
      Charlie KA8OQF