Re: QSO analysis 2011

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2012
      Hi Don et al.
      Thanks for the comment; indeed I share your view on the 30m digimodes DXCC wall; it has taken me considerable time to get over the 150 mark, and I very much doubt that from this QTH with my limited aerial setup I shall be able to get to 200 ever unless CW continues helping me.
      Of course, the band properties are peculiar (why I like it), and looking at 12m where you can easily get a new country into the log every second day, (you can not compare both bands, as little as comparing apples to pears), it is a permanent challenge.
      What does not help either are the limitations we are to live with in Region 1 resp. DL, i.e. a) no digimodes below 10140 b) max pwr 100 W and c) max bandwidth 500 Hz in digimodes. If it weren't for some gentlemen's agreements whereby wider modes are sent above 10143, it would be even more difficult. But: it is a hobby only and no job.
      Hope to meet you again, vy73 Fred DL6XAZ