Re: [digitalradio] Re: STA Granted - KA1GMN/WF9XJD to conduct spread spectrum experiments on the HF and VHF bands.

  • Dave Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      One other thing regarding the experimental license.  As an experimental licensee, Phil will have to accept interference from all other PRIMARY licensees (hams) and can not cause interference to these same primary licensees.  As an experimental licensee, you are at the mercy and whim of the Primary users of the band you are on.  Just one of the aspects of US experimental licenses.

      However, let me wish Phil lots of luck. A lot of the US rules are out of date and this is the way to start the process towards getting them changed.  Now, does anyone want to tackle the 300 baud rule???

      73

      Dave
      --
      Dave Wright
      K3DCW

      "Real radio bounces off the sky"

      On Saturday, January 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM, graham787 wrote:

      Yes your right , but I would of thought that now other staions inside the usa would also apply to the fcc to use SS modes as part of a wider testing group?

      Historically other modes where introducec with STP's as the first setep ?, goood luck to Phil and others who now must surely follow ?

      73 -G..