Parmesan Crusted Tilapia Recipe

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008
      July 2005 Chewin' the News

      Just a quick note to let everyone know that there is problem with some of the ingredient amounts in the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia recipe from the August 2008 newsletter. We are in the process of correcting the problem on the web site. In the meantime, I am including a corrected copy of the recipe below. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Enjoy the recipe.

      Carol

      PORK & FISH

      Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

      Recipes:

      1

      2

      3

      4

      5

      6

      Servings:

      4

      8

      12

      16

      20

      24

      Ingredients:

      Dried basil

      1/4 t.

      1/2 t.

      3/4 t.

      1 t.

      1-1/4 t.

      1-1/2 t.

      Black pepper

      1/4 t.

      1/2 t.

      3/4 t.

      1 t.

      1-1/4 t.

      1-1/2 t.

      Paprika

      1/2 t.

      1 t.

      1-1/2 t.

      2 t.

      2-1/2 t.

      1 T.

      Garlic powder

      1/2 t.

      1 t.

      1-1/2 t.

      2 t.

      2-1/2 t.

      1 T.

      Grated Parmesan cheese

      1/3 C.

      2/3 C.

      1 C.

      1-1/3 C.

      1-2/3 C.

      2 C.

      Italian seasoned bread crumbs

      1/3 C.

      2/3 C.

      1 C.

      1-1/3 C.

      1-2/3 C.

      2 C.

      Frozen tilapia filets

      1 lb.

      2 lbs.

      3 lbs.

      4 lbs.

      5 lbs.

      6 lbs.

      On Hand Ingredients:

      Butter or margarine, melted

      3 T.

      1/4 C. + 2 T.

      1/2 C. + 1 T.

      3/4 C.

      3/4 C. + 3 T.

      1 C. + 2 T.

      Mayonnaise or salad dressing; regular or reduced fat

      3 T.

      1/4 C. + 2 T.

      1/2 C. + 1 T.

      3/4 C.

      3/4 C. + 3 T.

      1 C. + 2 T.

      Assembly Directions:

      Combine basil, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in snack size bag. Combine cheese and bread crumbs a second snack size bag. Place both bags inside a quart size freezer bag.

      Freezing Directions:

      Seal and label quart freezer bag. Attach freezer bag to bag of frozen fish. Freeze.

      Serving Directions:

      Thaw.  Drain any liquids from the fish. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a shallow container thoroughly mix butter and mayonnaise until combined. Stir in seasoning mix until combined. Place crumb mixture in another shallow container. Coat fish on both sides with butter/mayonnaise mixture then dip one piece at a time in the crumbs flipping over to coat both sides. Place fish on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish easily flakes when touched with a fork.

      Comments:

      My kids never liked tilapia until we tried this recipe. The butter/mayonnaise wash makes the fish very moist.

      Nutritional Info:  with mayonnaise

      Per Serving: 313 Calories; 20g Fat (58.4% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 609mg Sodium.

      Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2-1/2 Fat.

      Nutritional Info:  with Miracle Whip Light®

      Per Serving: 272 Calories; 15g Fat (48.8% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 623mg Sodium.

      Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2-1/2 Fat.