February 2006 "Chewin' the News" from Nanci

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2006

      February 2006 - Make Your Own Instant Oatmeal, Website & Consultant Updates!

      by Nanci Slagle

      FREEZER COOKING NEWS FROM NANCI

      • Make Your Own Instant Oatmeal

      • Onion Rice

      COMPANY AND WEBSITE NEWS

      EMAILS FROM HAPPY CUSTOMERS

      CONSULTANTS NEWS

      CLOSING COMMENTS

      FREEZER COOKING NEWS FROM NANCI

      I don’t know about you but February can be a tough month to get through here in Indiana . Spring is a long way off and we are growing tired of winter. The only major “holiday” is Valentine’s Day which often falls during the work week making it hard to do any real celebrating. One family tradition that we Slagle girls always look forward is our valentine flowers. My husband, Bob, always buys a dozen roses and divides them among his four girls (Not evenly I might add. I get 6 and the daughters each get 2J).  He also takes the time to pick out a special card for each of us. We often leave them on display for a month or more since they seem to brighten everything up.

      Make Your Own Instant Oatmeal

      February seems to be a month when we eat a lot of oatmeal. Even though the store brand packets are fairly inexpensive they still come out to .25 per packet. Bob eats two packets every morning and usually adds more raisins, nuts and/or brown sugar. This month I tried making my own packets. We really like them and they are much less expensive.

      Click here to view/print this recipe!

      Onion Rice

      I have trouble coming up with side dishes. For awhile now, I have given in and bought the various “sides” packets at the grocery store. Not only can they be expensive but the sodium and preservatives also factor in. I decided to begin freezing sides again. We have begun to eat more rice at our house so I tried this VERY easy rice dish. It freezes great – either in a casserole dish, in meal sized freezer bags or in smaller freezer bags for an individual side or snack.

      Click here to view/print this recipe!

      COMPANY & WEBSITE NEWS

      Don’t forget that we do gift-wrapping for only $1. Our website is also configured now to ship almost anywhere in the world!

      Here's a quick list of our items:

      Freezer Cooking Manual $14.95 (2-9 are $12.95, 10+ are 11.95)
      Freezer Labels $4 for 1 pkg of 50, $3 for 2-3 pkgs., $2.50 for 4+ pkgs.
      Holiday Freezer Cooking $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Freezer Cooking on a Budget $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Freezer Lunches to Go $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Freezer Desserts to Die For! $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Freezer Cooking for Daycare Providers & Busy Parents $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Healthy Freezer Cooking $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Vegetarian Freezer Cooking $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD
      Co-op Cuisine $6.95 download OR $8.95 CD

      EMAILS FROM HAPPY CUSTOMERS

      I have to share a success story with you. After freezer cooking off and on for several years, I finally tried out the trial version of the program last fall. My married daughter (she and her husband both work and attend college full time, and they had been living on fast food and freezer foods from Costco) grudgingly joined me for some cooking days. She hates to cook and told me she really didn’t have time to spend making food to put in the freezer. But I was rather insistent and after all was said and done, she and her husband were delighted to have a freezer full of meals to pop in the oven after a long day working/attending class. We’re planning another session soon. Another convert to freezer cooking! Thanks for your help.

      Shirley J.

      Thanks a lot Nanci. I love you guys. I can't believe how much the quality of my life improves when I stay on top of my cooking. Your web site is awesome and the constant stream of recopies from the newsletters is great.

      Margaret P.

      CONSULTANT NEWS

      Please welcome our new consultants:

      Laura King from Alamogordo , New Mexico

      Bonny McClary from Fishers, Indiana

      CLOSING COMMENTS

      See you next month!  Happy cooking!

      Nanci

      1. If you get your emails from Yahoo Groups in digest form, all the links are removed by Yahoo and the email is sent in "text" version.  You need to cancel the digest emails and choose individual emails to get them sent correctly.

      2. You need to choose to receive your emails from Yahoo in HTML format.  If you don't choose HTML, all the links are removed when it is sent to you.

      If you still have problems, please let Carol know at  carol@...