Nanci's daughter having open heart surgery 4/7

  • 30 Day Gourmet
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009

      Greetings to all of our loyal freezer cooks!

      Many of you remember when I sent an e-mail telling you about our 15 year old daughter, Jenna's, newly diagnosed heart problem. It has been a long 18 months of doctor/hospital visits but we are finally nearing the end of it. Jenna will be having open heart surgery next Tuesday (4/7) to repair her mitral valve. The surgery will be done at the Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City (www.mitralvalverepair.org) . My husband Bob and Jenna and I will leave Indy tomorrow morning. (Oldest daughter Kaytee is finishing up her final weeks at IU before graduation on 5/9. Next oldest daughter Becky is finishing her junior year at Huntington University. Son Adam is a senior at Covenant (where I teach)and will just be back to school after spring break and will stay home with our Chinese exchange student.) Someone connected with the school where I teach donated enough "points" for us to stay at the Courtyard Marriott near the hospital for a full week. Hopefully, she will be ready to go home within 7 days.

      I'll be checking e-mail while I'm gone but won't send out any orders until I'm back home. (I'm sending orders tomorrow on my way out of town so if you need anything, go ahead and place your order today:)). If you have cooking questions, send them directly to Carol at: carol@...

      There will be updates about Jenna on my facebook (Nanci Tillman Slagle) and on a site I created at: www.caringbridge.org/visit/jinslagle

      We would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for us. Jenna has great faith and isn't scared at all and is just looking forward to regaining her strength and endurance. She has been very fatigued for what seems to be a long time in the life of a 15 year old.

      Thanks! Nanci

      PS - I cooked yesterday with a friend from school. Feels great to have 20+ dinners in the freezer.

      100_2897.JPG

      Nanci Slagle

      30 Day Gourmet, Inc.

      office@...