PZL P23b Karas

  • neville.bougourd
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 112 KB
  • wroblew705
    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013

      Hello Neville this Karas No.9 is from the Szkola Podchorazych Lotnictwa or SPL (Air Force Cadet Officers School) in Deblin, they had no fuselage emblem. When I get a chance will send you some scans of other Karas from this school numbered 4, 7, 8, 11 and 13 captured in Deblin in September 1939.

      Hopes this helps

      Chris Calgary

    • Neville Bougourd
      Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013
        Thank you Chris.

        A final identification like this is not vital to the overall picture that I have been researching.  But it is extremely good for the family of the particular airman.  He is no longer with us but his son absorbs every tiny detail and to be able to paint as full a picture as possible is wonderful.  Both he and I are grateful for the information you have given me and for the scans you will send in the future.

        Once again, many thanks
        Neville

      • Chris W
        Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
          Hello Neville apologies for the delay here are the images as promised.
          Chris......
        • Chris W
          Message 5 of 5 , Oct 6, 2013
            And here's the last batch. Many of the Karas trainers are in the back ground.
            Chris.......