THINKING OUTSIDE THE GENEOLOGY BOX

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013

      I am finding certain walls in part of my family reseach – so I am thinking outsde the box

      Last year there were some IPN    (the Institute of National Memory)       http://ipn.gov.pl/

         officials visiting  Australia – and I was told that individals with Polish military in the west often had files held by secret police

      So I am going to try to search for my fathers (visited Poland twice before 1989), my uncles (who visited once), my paternal grandfather and aunt.

      I am also going to try for my mothers records (she lived in Poland until late 1958) and was quite sure that someone was trailing her in the 1950s, plus her parents

      Has anyone tried this form of research and with what success

      LuCYNA