Czeslaw Siwik

  • Chris K
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 9:29 PM

      Mark,

      This is the information Tadeusz Krzystek has about your great uncle:

      Service #: P-2927 when he became an officer (original number 780625)
      Born
      : 23.01.1915
      Rank
      : ppor. / F/O
      Position
      : Gunner
      Squadron
      : 300 Bomber Squadron (last posting)

      1946 wstąpił do lotnictwa w Pakistanie - (F/Lt Pakistan A.F.) - latał jako Sqn. Engineering Officer do 1953 w No.12 Squadron. W roku 1974 wyjechał do Kanady. - brak dalszych wiadomosci
      It seems he went to Pakistan after the War and then to Canada in 1974.

      Is he still alive? If not would you please let us know when and where he passed away. Judging by his original service number, he must have arrived in the UK in January or February 1940 - one of the early arrivals.

      We would be interested in what you can tell us about him and his brother, Melchior.

      You can apply for Czeslaw Siwik’s military personnel file from Northolt and his file from the Sikorski Museum.  You can find out how to do that in a file called Researching a Serviceman in the Files section of our website under ARCHIVES and MUSEUMS.  You would be surprised at the amount of information in these files.

      Chris K.

    • Aleksander Głogowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6 7:24 AM

        Hi to all

        There is the movie about Poles who served in Pakistan after WWII:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXwsyVoko0

        Generally the documentary is in Polish, but some speaches of Pakistani veterans are hearable under the dubbing.

        Best regards,

        Alex