Zdzislaw Czeppe

  • Chris K
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013
      Karolina,

      This is the information Tadeusz Krzystek has about your grandfather:

      Service #: P-2052
      Born: 22.11.1917
      Died: 19.08.1991
      Rank: por. / F/O
      Position: Radio Operator
      Squadron: 300 Bomber Squadron (last posting)

      You can apply for Zdzislaw Czeppe's military personnel file from Northolt and his file from the Sikorski Museum.  You can find out how to do that in a file called Researching a Serviceman in the Files section of our website under ARCHIVES and MUSEUMS.  You would be surprised at the amount of information in these files.

      Karolina - please note that you created a yahoo.com email address when you joined and messages from the group will be sent to it. To access your email account, click on Mail at the top right of the home page.

      Chris K.
    • Chris K
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 19, 2013

        Karolina,

        I forgot to include this addition information, which I assume you already know,  about your grandfather:

        1947 wraca do Polski, podejmuje prace jako asystent prof. M. Klimaszewskiego w Katedrze Geografii Fiz. Uniwersytetu w Wroclawiu
        1978-1981 Wicedyr. Inst.Geografii Uniwers. Jagielonskiego w Krakowie. - Zmarl w Tuchowie k/Krakowa Polska

        Chris K.

      • Karolina Czeppe
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 20, 2013
          Chris,
          Thanks a lot for the information. I shall try the Sikorski Museum. I believe I know most of the general facts concerning� my grandfather's service, but I would be very happy to know more details. I am also trying to find information about his older brother, Stanislaw (Stanny) Czeppe, who was also in the RAF, but he stayed in England after the war and died in the 1960s, so we have practically no information concerning his service. The family of his wife (Charlotte Czeppe, nee Gouvier) told us his rank was Squadron Leader, but we don't know anything else. Do you think the Sikorski Museum would have any information about him?
          Best regards,
          Karolina