KOCHANOWSKI _ WLADYSLAWA

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010

      http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CAN-BC-OBITS/2007-07/1184435253

      KOCHANOWSKI _ WLADYSLAWA It is with great sorrow that we announce the
      peaceful passing of our cherished Wife, Mother and Nana on Sunday, July 8,
      2007 at age 82. She will be deeply missed by Jan, her loving husband of 61
      years, who cared for her and never left her side during this difficult time.
      She will also be deeply missed by her daughter Lilia (John); granddaughters
      Tanya (Johan) and Nikki (Blair); sister Jasia; brothers Edward (Anna) and
      Danny; extended family; good friends and neighbours. Predeceased by sisters
      Juzia and Genia. She was born in Rzeszowice , Poland , with a family of 12
      sisters and brothers. After being deported in February 1940 to labour camps
      in Russia , and after being released in October 1941, she served in the RAF
      where she received the "Battle of Britain," "War" and "Polish Air Force"
      medals. She met her husband, Jan, in England and later immigrated to Canada
      where she joined her surviving family members. Social gatherings of family
      and friends gave her great joy, as well as gardening, walking, singing,
      laughing and clothesline volleyball. She was truly the most generous, kind
      and decent role model a family could hope for. The family wishes to thank
      the staff at Kopernik Lodge for their outstanding service and care provided
      to Wladyslawa. In lieu of flowers, please forward donations to the Kopernik
      Foundation, 3150 Rosemont Dr., Vancouver , BC , V5S 2C9 , "In memory of W.
      Kochanowski". Prayer service will be held on Monday, July 16 at 7:00 pm and
      Funeral service on Tuesday, July 17 at 10:00 am, both to take place at St.
      Casimir's Church, 4255 Inverness St. , Van. Burial will be held following the
      Funeral Mass at 11:45 am at Ocean View Burial Park , 4000 Imperial St .,
      Burnaby. A reception will follow the burial at the Polish Community Centre,
      4015 Fraser St., Vancouver. We hold you tenderly in our hearts as we
      treasure each and every memory.
      Published in the Vancouver Sun and The Province on 7/14/2007.