Kondras Stanisław

  • Lucyna Artymiuk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009

      P-2468                                              Kondras Stanisław Piotr Wład..8313                      29.04.1918         + 19.12.1997  79                                 por. / F/Lt                    Strzelec pokładowy                 307DMN

                  >wieloletni przewodniczący Zarządu Koła SLP Leeds

                  zmarł w Leeds  – spopielony –prochy złożone na cmentarzu w Newark (Sekcja SLP) UK   ● ppłk

      http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/morecambe-news/Artist-checks-in-for-airport.5692025.jp

      Artist checks in for airport celebrations

      Simon Couchman from Lancaster, Rick Pannone, Paul Kondras and Susan Kendrick at Blackpool International.

      Simon Couchman from Lancaster, Rick Pannone, Paul Kondras and Susan Kendrick at Blackpool International.

      Simon Couchman from Lancaster, Rick Pannone, Paul Kondras and Susan Kendrick at Blackpool International.

      Published Date: 30 September 2009

      IMAGINE having to pack THIS bag before jetting off on holiday.

      This gigantic suitcase is causing a big stir at Blackpool International Airport check-in desk, all thanks to a Lancaster artist.

      The amazing 10-foot high giant suitcase, which has gone on display in the airport terminal as part of an interactive exhibition to commemorate 100 years of flying in Blackpool , was the work of Paul Kondras.

      Paul has a very strong attachment to Blackpool and its aviation past because of his own family history.

      His father was a pilot with the Polish air force and was based in Blackpool , attached to Bomber Command. When he was injured, he convalesced in Blackpool and that's when he met Paul's mum.

      "They both loved Blackpool and had many happy and fond memories of it," said Paul.

      "It is amazing to think that my artwork is now forming part of the centenary celebrations, I think both my parents would have been extremely proud!"

      Susan Kendrick, customer relations and communications manager at Blackpool Inter-national said: "The suitcase is an amazing spectacle and it's really catching the imagination of everyone who comes into the airport.

      "But I'd hate to think how much it would cost in excess baggage!"

    • anne taylor
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hi Lucyna, Love the suitcase in the airport and the story behind it. There wasn't an International Airport when i lived there but there was a small one at Squires Gate where you could take a trip on a small plane around Blackpool Tower which of course i did with my niece (half sister really) when i was about 12years old. I was terrified though as my niece kept kneeling up in her seat and (out of her belt) and talking to me as i was sat behind her. Wonder if that is why i am a nervous when i fly anywhere!!! love and hugs anne xxx