    Jan 24, 2014
      I plan to attend, as always my job means that could change at the last minuite.
      Rachael

      On Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:59 AM, alex womack <historylover42@...> wrote:

      I will be there :) Pvt. Womack 2nd Florida Infantry Co.I Hamilton Blues Army of Northern Virginia

      To: 2ndFloridaCo_I@yahoogroups.com
      From: florida2chris@...
      Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 03:34:22 -0800
      Subject: [2ndFloridaCo_I] Strathern Park, 1st Call!

      FLORIDA! The time has come. The 2014 season as arrived at last. That said, some of you probably still need to clean your muskets... Our first event will be Strathern Park, in Simi Valley on February 14-15-16. I'll paste the CWA link with information below. This event will be our unit drill weekend, as per usual, and also an official Company Meeting.

      As I'm sure most of you have heard, I am in the enlistment process with the military. Former 1st Sgt. Craddock is currently in Army basic training at Fort Benning in Georgia. So, the latest news is this: The Marine Corps did not work out for me. I will be enlisting in the United States Army Reserve, as a Ammunition and Small Arms Maintenance Technician. I swear in officially on the 23rd of this month, and if all goes to plan I will be shipping out to Fort Jackson, South Carolina on February 17th, the day after our first event.

      Basic training is 10 weeks. I will have ten days leave to come home, and then I will be shipping out for Fort Lee in Virginia for 12 weeks of job training. My unit is the 163rd Ordnance Company, based in Tustin. My training timetable puts me home in early August. We will discuss the details as we get closer, and of course at Strathern Park. If any of you have questions, please feel free to ask me here or on facebook, and I will do my best to find a nice shiny answer for all of them.

      Also, congratulations are due to Janet Dunbar, on his recent promotion to Sergeant! For those among us who have worn the stripes before, prepare your hazing festivities.
      Your obedient servant,
      Captain C. A. Beresovoy,
      commanding officer,
      The best fucking unit ever.