726RE: [2ndFloridaCo_I] Confederate Memorial Service

  • alex womack
    Dec 13, 2013

      It would be an honor to im in keep me informed :)

      To: 2ndfloridaCo_I@yahoogroups.com
      From: beres@...
      Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:54:46 -0800
      Subject: [2ndFloridaCo_I] Confederate Memorial Service

      Fellow Floridians,

      As most of you know, I am a member of the United Daughters of the Confederacy in the Bonnie Blue Flag Chapter #2140, and our Captain Chris Beresovoy is a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans in the Inland Valley Camp #1742. These two organizations are working together to hold memorial services for the brave Confederates who are buried in the San Bernardino/Redlands area.

      As it stands now, we would like to hold as many as three memorial services on one day this spring. All three ceremonies will be in the same cemetery at Hillside Memorial in Redlands. We have not set a date, but it will most likely take place in the spring. We have been given permission to have an actual shooting salute to honor these soldiers. Yes, you may be in the newspaper, yes it will count as community service (for those that need the hours) and no, it will not conflict with any events.

      Basically we are looking for volunteers to dress in full Confederate Uniform, with rifle etc. and come to the memorial service to stand as mourners, representatives, and color bearers. Our own President Jefferson Davis (John Smolley) will be in attendance as well as dignitaries of Redland. PLEASE, keep this in the back of your minds and think about taking some time to come out to honor those whom we portray. Captain Chris Beresovoy will be in command of all who decide to join us for this wonderful opportunity.

      If you think this is something you would consider doing, please let me know. Like I said, there is no set date as of yet, but it will most likely take place in early spring.

      The United Daughters of the Confederacy thanks you, the Sons of Confederate Veterans thank you, and I thank you.

      Dawn Byrd-Beresovoy

      Pvt. 2nd Florida Co. I

      Vice Pres./Registrar Bonnie Blue Flag #2140

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic