708Moorpark!!

  • Dawn Beresovoy
    Oct 22, 2013

      Floridians!

      Moorpark is creeping up on us! Numbers are looking really great for this event and we are hoping you are counted as coming!

      Being as Moorpark is the GRAND FINALE to a great season, AND the largest event we attend, we have a lot of things planned!

      AS you know, our dear 1st Sgt. Taylor Craddock as joined the Army and this will be his last event for a very long time, so let’s all send him off with a BANG! Taylor has served us diligently and he will be missed. For the Moorpark event, Taylor will be bringing his longtime girlfriend Tara. Please, let’s make her feel welcomed!

      Our BRAVE devoted LEADER, Capt. Chris Beresovoy has also decided to join his brothers to serve in the United States Marines. There will be a meeting for all of us at Moorpark to discuss the direction and leadership of the unit during Chris’ absence. Please, this event/meeting is very important for ALL of us.

      ALSO, we have THREE fresh fish! We met Andrew, Dennis and Josh at Tom’s Farm and they are super excited to come out!  We should have enough loaner gear for them, but we are asking that all Floridians please bring any and all gear that you have extra just in case!

      I HOPE you are all aware of the SPAM cook-off competition we have against Hampton Legion Moorpark weekend. If not, well guess what folks, ONCE again, Kelsey and his men have challenged us to a cook-off. Our Chef, Dawn Beresovoy, is going with a French theme. If you have any wonderful ideas for a French Themed Spam dish, please email Dawn at beres@...  We have beat them before! Let’s not let them take us down now!!

      The second competition is the night cap competition! Hampton Legion thinks they have the best night caps/smoking caps, so boys, let’s show them who is who! You can buy one, or make one! You can look online for ideas!  Be inventive, be creative!

      Moorpark is crazy busy, as usual, so come with high energy! AND a willing spirit! On Saturday night, following the battles, Spam Cook-Off and Night Cap challenge there is also a DANCE! Taylor will be escorting his beautiful girlfriend Tara, and since none of us have ever seen Taylor dance, this can be a wonderful photo op!  AND…..after the Dance….the PUB! The PUB is an onsite make shift ‘aggressive recruiting tent’.  For those over 21 years of age, alcoholic drinks are served by donation, for those under 21 drinks are also by donation but are NON-ALCOHOLIC.  I do hereby challenge those under the age of 21 to Pepsi Shots! For the adults, please try the Tennessee Taters. Minors are always welcomed at the PUB, but no alcohol will be served to them.

      There is rumor that Cody, Marcus AND Vernon might attend.  Can’t confirm yet, but we can hope that these guys make it out!

      I am here to serve you, so if there is ANYTHING you need, a question or a concern, please feel free to email either me, or Capt. Chris.

      See ya soon!

      Pvt Dawn Beresovoy

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic