Re: [2knoU] TBHB's Question

  • the L & T MD
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1 8:18 PM
      I have read through everyone's responses and I can concur with most of the comments.  One thing as we change and sometimes the rate of change is not the same as our home congregation, part of being a seasoned Christian is to find alternative ways to still see GOD in our places of familiarity.  Actively seeking new ways to experience GOD becomes our challenge.  Ways that used to be sure things for me - the music - or the smile of a young child don't always do it for me anymore.  I have had to supplement with additional readings and teachings.  I'm a huge fan of www.streamingfaith.com   For those of you who have been it can be a nice way to add to your GOD-Connection.  It's live feeds from services on Sundays and Wednesdays.  It's free and works best with a high-speed connection.  Check it out ... Jamal and Flake are the only AME's that are on there right now; but there is sound doctrine throughout the site.  If I need an extra hit of JESUS usually I can find what is needful there.  Just a thought and suggestion ...
      Always remember ... "seek FIRST the Kingdom of God ..."

      ~MD

      thomas brown <neb_o0@...> wrote:
      What do you do when your not gett spritually feed at your home church, you don't want to leave cause they need you but you don't want to stay cause they not trying to change?

      ...  the 'L & T' MD

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Danitra Abron
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3 12:34 PM
        Doogie, thank you for sharing and I will definitely look at that
        site you have listed.

        --- In 2knoU@yahoogroups.com, RISHA PALMER <ladeepalmer@...> wrote:

        > Add this to the links doogie!~!
        >
        > the L & T MD <doogie24_7@...> wrote: I have read through
        everyone's responses and I can concur with most of the comments.
        One thing as we change and sometimes the rate of change is not the
        same as our home congregation, part of being a seasoned Christian is
        to find alternative ways to still see GOD in our places of
        familiarity. Actively seeking new ways to experience GOD becomes
        our challenge. Ways that used to be sure things for me - the music -
        or the smile of a young child don't always do it for me anymore. I
        have had to supplement with additional readings and teachings. I'm
        a huge fan of www.streamingfaith.com For those of you who have
        been it can be a nice way to add to your GOD-Connection. It's live
        feeds from services on Sundays and Wednesdays. It's free and works
        best with a high-speed connection. Check it out ... Jamal and Flake
        are the only AME's that are on there right now; but there is sound
        doctrine throughout the site. If I need an extra hit of JESUS
        > usually I can find what is needful there. Just a thought and
        suggestion ...
        > Always remember ... "seek FIRST the Kingdom of God ..."
        >
        > ~MD
        >
        > thomas brown <neb_o0@...> wrote:
        > What do you do when your not gett spritually feed at your home
        church, you don't want to leave cause they need you but you don't
        want to stay cause they not trying to change?

        > ... the 'L & T' MD

        Service.

        > ---------------------------------

      • professorajwilliams
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4 11:55 AM
          I do know that I am new to this group, and I'd like to introduce
          myself. I am Allen, A.K.A. Bishop. My response is you need to make a
          decision based on is your ministry needed at that church. If so, make
          your presence and voice known/heard. Sometimes (especially in the AME
          church) the leadership doesn't even know if they are not feeding their
          sheep. It also helps to do as many. Just because you are a member of a
          local church, doesn't necessarily mean that you can't visit other
          services, Bible studies, mid week services at other churches. Many of
          the stronger members at my church generate a positive spirit at my
          church because it stemmed from another congregation they visited.
          Don't give up easily and don't be discouraged