Headcount for Saturday, June 3rd...

  • retrovalve
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      Forecasts call for some showers on saturday morning. Anybody
      interested in some potential rain-hockey? Andrew
    • jean
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        I'm out of town this weekend. See you next weekend.
        Jean
        p.s.Sorry for not showing up last week - my car died
        on the freeway the night before...

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
          I'm going to be out of town for the next 2 weekends,
          see you on the 17th.

          --- retrovalve <arich@...> wrote:

          > Forecasts call for some showers on saturday morning.
          > Anybody
          > interested in some potential rain-hockey? Andrew

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Nigel Tufnel
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
            Jean:

            Sorry for the shameless plug, but next week (with Larry's blessing) there will be a charity tournament - the information is below and hope as many of you guys/gals can make it.  Please forward to others if you think they'd be interested.

            On Saturday June 10th, there will be a street hockey tournament with all proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.

            So here are the particulars:

            Who:  Anyone over 18 who can play a clean, non-contact game of street hockey for a great cause.

            What:  Street hockey tournament with a 3 game guarantee and possible playoff games.

            When: Saturday June 10th, registration (signing a waiver and paying the entry fee) begins at8:30am , the games will start at 9:30am sharp.  Expected ending time will be 4pm .

            Where: Tanahey Park/Moffo rink in downtown Manhattan near Cherry and Catherine.

            How:  There will be 8 teams.  All players will be randomly assigned as they arrive to the 8 teams to ensure that there is an equal distribution of males, females and talent across the teams.  Within reason and with the consent of team captains, there will be trades permitted to allow friends to play with friends.  There will be two simultaneous games running, one in the hockey rink and one on the basketball courts adjacent to the rink.  There will be 2 divisions with 4 teams each and there will be three 40 minute games round-robin style per team.  This will be followed by a playoff game between the top teams from each division.  If time permits, there will be a semi-final playoff game preceding the finals.

            There is a $25 entry fee and that goes directly to the American Cancer Society.

            You can register ahead of time at:

            http://teamacs.acsevents.org/

            Click on “Your ACS Team Event”, click on “Donate to Team ACS Participant” and search under last name “Lau”.  Please note that the date is incorrect (it’s a webpage problem).  If you donate before 8am on June 10th, we’ll have a record of donation as your entry fee.

            A representative from the ACS will be there to collect the entry fee and hand out tax receipts for those who wish to pay on the day of the event.  A check or credit card info is preferred and can be made out to the American Cancer Society.  Of course you can feel free to donate more.

            Please keep in mind that this is a co-ed tournament with differing levels of skill.  The bottom line is that we will be playing for the American Cancer Society, not the Stanley Cup, so aggressive play will not be tolerated.

            As this tournament is round robin, you will need to bring a white and a black shirt.

            The first games will start at 9:30am sharp in order to get all of the games in within the permit times.  If you show up later, you will still be placed on a team, but you may have missed some playing time.

            If you are a goalie, there are only 8 spots available, so please contact Edward Lau (nigeltufnelny at hotmail dot com) or Liza Watts (wattsliza at yahoo dot com) to reserve a spot.  If you are a position player, just show up and we’ll put you on a team.

            Hope to see you there.

          • monty graham
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
              In CA, sorry...

              retrovalve <arich@...> wrote:
              Forecasts call for some showers on saturday morning.  Anybody
              interested in some potential rain-hockey?  Andrew

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • Ben Wisniewski
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                i should be there.

                _ben

                --- In 2bhl@yahoogroups.com, monty graham <montrose_graham@...>
                wrote:

                > In CA, sorry...
                >
                > retrovalve <arich@...> wrote: Forecasts call for some showers on
                saturday morning. Anybody
                > interested in some potential rain-hockey? Andrew

                > Field hockey

                Service.

              • Ryan Schradin
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                  Sorry, have softball.

                  I'll definitely shoot for the tourney next week though.

                  RS
                  > interested in some potential rain-hockey?  Andrew

                  >         Field hockey

                  Service.