Re: 2.4mR Sailors Re: ballast

  • Dennis Peck
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 1, 2009
      Evert is right by no means does it mean less of a boat, the weight additions and placements comes from someone trying to gain speed advantage, which is what class rules are to prevent from happening over other boats. Nothing wrong with finding a better way to build them but weight, waterlines, and righting movement should remain the same and that means critical placement of compensating weight to maintain this all around effect.
      From: Leibel, Allan <aleibel@goodmans. ca>
      To: "'24mRsailors@ yahoogroups. com'" <24mRsailors@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 4:41 PM

      In my opinion, we should stay with 181 kg. Otherwise, we simply reduce the competiveness and value of the large majority of existing boats. Nothing is gained.
      Allan Leibel

      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 5, 2009
        yes your right guess fingers and brain not working together.