Application to host 2.4 Worlds in 2011

  • Roger Cleworth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2009

      The board of Ålesunds Seilforening have got the message that Hoorn , Netherlands , is decided to host 2010 Worlds.   Our congratulations – must it be a great championship !   We agree that short distances and ease of transport are fair arguments, and we feel sorry if our application for 2010 brought forward disagreements and bad feelings.  It was never our intention to cause any conflict.

      On the other hand the 2.4 class is also very much present in distant countries.  In spite of our loss this time, we strongly hope that Norway and Ålesund must be considered as a possible location for a great World Championship sometime.

      Ålesund Seilforening hereby postpone our application for 2010 to be for 2011 Worlds.   We hope that our application will be favoured by the fact that Norway earlier seemed to be intended for this year, before the country alone at was invited by AGM 2008 to apply for 2010.

      We have noticed the importance of transport.  Preparing for 2011 instead of 2010 will give us some more time for stronger efforts in planning and marketing good travelling routes and easy boat transport.

      Regards

      Pål Kragset

      Chairman of Ålesunds Seilforening