Day two

  • Peter Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 9:23 AM
      Well, all of us but Nick are experiencing humility.  If you aren't in the first row, you struggle to make the top half of the fleet.

      Today was SE 6-8 building to 10-15 knots.  After 6 races, Stellan Berlin is leading.  Nick is 9th, Allan Leibel is 15th, and I am 30th.  Full results should be on the website soon.

      Jim had a black flag on the downside and on the upside a 19th, after which he proclaimed himself to be a teenager

      You won't believe the lump at the leeward gate.  It is a big washing machine.
      .
      In the last race today I had the good fortune to have a front row start and sail the correct side of the beat with adequate speed to reach the weather mark in 5th.  While I couldnt stay there (problems at the gate), I must say the view was beautiful and it is remarkable how fast the first 10 boats get a big lead on the fleet.

      Best to all..

      Peter
      Peter L. Wilson
      186 Nearwater Lane