New to 2.4

  • xkp8rt9
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 8:42 AM
      Returned from Rio de Janeiro where 210s and 5.5s were fun in
      Guanabara Bay. Back in the States now I contemplated buying a Finn
      like I had 20 years ago, some one said, "are you familiar with the
      International 2.4?"

      That is exactly the point. I really don't know the class but want a
      solo sailboat that has character and rewards good sailing. I do not
      want a recreational or day sailer.

      Who/where is the best source(s) of information on the boats?
      Builders? Beginners lay-up?, or is the material OD? Sailmakers?
      Trailers? Where is there information on the numbers and locations of
      the US fleet.

      That's a lot to begin with, but we must begin. Any info is welcome.
      Suggestions on used boats to look for/avoid requested.

      Glad to be aboard, you all beat me to the start line, I plan to catch
      up on the next leg.

      Fair winds to all,

      xkp8rt9@...