Re: 2.4mR Sailors Classification at Clagett Regatta June 26 thru 30 Newport RI

  • Peter Wood
    Message 1 of 4 , May 24, 2013
      Hi Roger,

      It will be good to see you in Newport.

      Peter Wood

      Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:13 PM
      Subject: 2.4mR Sailors Classification at Clagett Regatta June 26 thru 30 Newport RI

      Greetings 2.4mR Sailors,

      I have had the pleasure of serving on the Board of Charlotte Harbor Regatta, as the Chair of the Race Committee for Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club and as PRO for several 2.4mR regattas for several years and hope to continue to do so for years to come.

      In addition to the rewarding activities above, I recently had the honor of appointment to the US Sailing Classifier Committee. I hope the majority of the folks I met over the past several years are able to race at the Clagett Regatta June 26-30.

      We are in the new Paralympic Quadrennium and Classification is required for many of our Disabled Athletes. I will be part of the Classification Panel for this event. Robert Leviton, MD and I will be on site for the Clagett Regatta. I have booked my flights and will be staying at Fort Adams. I have been told I will need a sleeping bag so I may need a ride to Walmart before my first night.

      Robert and I should be on site by mid-afternoon on June 26 so we may be able to do a few early arrival Classifications around the time of registration. For those who need US Sailing Class and Status assignment, a sign-up scheduling sheet should be at the registration desk.

      I am looking forward to seeing you at the Clagett,

      Warm Regards and fair winds,

      Roger H. Strube, MD (retired) US Sailing National Classifier
      2560 Rio Palermo Ct
      Punta Gorda, FL 33950