match race in2.4 on Charlotte Harbor

  • DennisP
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2012
      As we did last year we held the Marina Day match racing this weekend 6/2/2012 and had 8 competitors, after 15 races we had our arbor Winner. I was a great day with moderate winds building all afternoon. All had a great time. Used three Norlan Mark lll's so we were able to keep the races rolling without pause between. I use an old 20 pontoon boat with everything off the deck and a new 5/8 inch deck on it. this makes it just the level of the 2.4. Now it is a fiberglass pontoon boat so no problem with the sides. We tie this side to committee boat for switching competitors, works well.
    • Nick Bryan-Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012
        Dennis
        Wish I could of been there
        Nick

        As we did last year we held the Marina Day match racing this weekend 6/2/2012 and had 8 competitors, after 15 races we had our arbor Winner. I was a great day with moderate winds building all afternoon. All had a great time. Used three Norlan Mark lll's so we were able to keep the races rolling without pause between. I use an old 20 pontoon boat with everything off the deck and a new 5/8 inch deck on it. this makes it just the level of the 2.4. Now it is a fiberglass pontoon boat so no problem with the sides. We tie this side to committee boat for switching competitors, works well.

      • Dennis Peck
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2012

          Me too. We had enough show that we could have used your boat also. Jim Nuzzo took the first set of competitors till he got to me. They wanted me to sail this year so I went last. Then had to sail against all the rest and was undefeated at the end of the day. We kept the races rolling by having an extra boat to put the next competitor in and when you finished you came right back for another race to start. Hardly had time to drink a soda in-between, had to guzzle it down.