2120: Tone

  • Michael&Jenny BArker
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 1999
      Like most of you guys and girls on the mailing list i am very picky about the tone of my guitar.I've come to learn though that what sounds good by itself may not sound so good in the mix with drums,bass etc unless you play solo without any other instruments.I'm sure all you people know this already.I'm just hoping that the people who are spending vast amount of times on sound at the expense of their songwriting realise that if they do get what they think is the perfect sound they will most probably go into a studio and end up changing it to suit the mix anyway (or the engineer will).
      Mike
    • Drew Simpkin
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 1:39 PM
        I own a 2112 and a 1972 Super Bassman 100 watt tube head. I want to use the
        effects and distortion on the 2112, but still want the tone of the amp. Is
        there anyway that I can bypass some part of the 2112 and just use the effcts
        and distortion? Right now I have 2 seperate EQ'a I have to deal with (Amp
        EQ, and 2112 EQ) Thanks
        Dru Dawg