Re: General Wadsworth at the Wilderness.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2004
      I looked up those units you mentioned and they did fight in many of
      the battles that the 20th Massachusetts were in but I don't know if
      they actually came face to face. I did find out a few interesting
      things about these units.

      The 8th Georgia fought in the wheatfield on the second day of
      Gettysburg. There was also a book written about them called "A Scythe
      of Fire". The also have a website:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~larsrbl/8thGeorgiaInfantry.html

      The 6th Georgia was involved in Jackson's flank movement on Howard's
      XI Corps at Chancellorville.