150 Years Ago Today: The Battle of Fredericksburg Begans

  • Coly H
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2012
      150 years ago today the 7th Michigan followed by the 19th and 20th
      Massachusetts crossed the Rappahannock River under fire and then took to
      the streets chasing the Confederates out of the city of Fredericksburg.
      They would then take part of the battle at Marye's Heights which would
      end in a devasting Union defeat.
    • Bob OReilly
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2012
        Interestingly, I was just reading about that very thing in a book called "The Antietam and Fredericksburg" by Francis W. Palfrey of the 20th Mass. It's a book well worth reading.