Re: [20th_Massachusetts_Infantry_Regiment] Re: Full Gods and Generals Movie Coming Out

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 27, 2011

      Thank you Teej... Actually Pettigrew was played by some one who had played James Bond in one movie only. His name escapes me.. But it should be in the movies credits.
      When it comes to Brian, and IIRC I have shared my story with you at least Teej. While in essence in his last days he shared his knowledge of G.K.. Warren with me in several emails and a phone call.. I had responded to an email he had sent me, and never got a reply.. Found out several hours later, he had passed away... I know I didnt know him as well as you, and Eric Wittenberg, Pat Schroder and several others. But dang.. I miss him.. And we lost a true historian, friend, and staunch supporter of CW preservation. And if I miss him.. Oh my, how much you all must miss him that knew him well..
      Jim Lamason
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 27, 2011
        no one mentioned he was in wheel chair, but it was common knowledge , not so with Lee and his "illness" no one seemed to notice and none of the stories come from those who actually knew him. it was a post war spin that appeared in the early days of the "Lost Cause"

        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 27, 2011
          While we with more than a passing interest in the Civil War can pick both movies apart to various degrees. I found them both entertaining and am sure that Gettysburg at least ushered in many new people who after viewing wanted to find out more. We got more than a few new recruits who wanted to be part of the history and brotherhood of reinacting.If for no other reason than piquing ones interest it worked for me. My grandkids 9 and 5 love Gettysburg and every time they see me in uniform ask a million questions

          \